CURRICULUM VITAE—AIDAN KEHOE
Name: Dr Aidan Kehoe, BA (Mod), MB, BCh, BAO, MICGP, MRCEM
Born: 18th March 1981, Wexford, Republic of Ireland
Carrick Health Centre
Tel: +353 85 1343873
Work Experience (Medicine):
• December 2022–present: GP Principal, Carrick Health Centre, Co Donegal, F94 KXY1.
• January 2014–present: Locum doctor, Emergency Medicine, various hospitals in the Republic and Northern Ireland, including South West Acute Hospital, Enniskillen, the Ulster, Sligo Regional Hospital, Connolly Hospital Blanchardstown.
• October 2020–present: Locum GP, NoWDOC, Caredoc, St Dympna’s Hospital, Athy Road, Car low, R93 DE62.
• May 2021–December 2022: Locum GP, Dr Heather McIntyre, Carrick Health Centre, Co Done gal, F94 KXY1.
• July 2019–August-2021: Salaried and locum GP, Manorcunningham and Raphoe medical prac tices, Co Donegal.
• July 2015–July 2019: GP trainee, Donegal Specialist Training Scheme in General Practice.
• July 2018–July 2019: GP Registrar, Manorcunningham Health Centre, Co Donegal, under the supervision of Mr John Dowling (MICGP, FRCSI) and Dr Jarlath Duffy (MICGP).
• January 2018–July 2018: GP Registrar, Lifford Health Centre, Lifford, Co Donegal, under Dr Paul Armstrong’s supervision.
• July 2017–January 2018: GP Registrar, Clonmany Medical Centre, Clonmany, Co Donegal, under Dr Frank Fogarty’s supervision.
• March 2017–July 2017: SHO in Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Letterkenny University Hospital.
• November 2016–March 2017: SHO in Old Age Psychiatry, Dr Clifford Haley’s service, Let terkenny University Hospital.
• July 2016–November 2016: Paediatrics SHO, Letterkenny University Hospital. • March 2016–July 2016: Emergency Medicine SHO, Letterkenny University Hospital.
• November 2015–March 2016: Geriatrics SHO, Dr Jose Miranda’s team, Letterkenny University ´ Hospital.
• July 2015–November 2015: Respiratory SHO, Dr Vera Keating’s service, Letterkenny General Hospital.
• July 2014–January 2015: Full time ED SHO, Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Eccles Street, Dublin 7.
• January 2013–July 2013: Intern doctor, University Hospital Galway; Cardiology then Respiratory (Prof. Gilmartin’s service).
• July 2012–January 2013: Intern doctor, Letterkenny General Hospital; initially on Dr Steele’s Gastroenterology service and then Mr Sugrue’s Breast and General Surgery service.
• MICGP examinations, all passed. Donegal Specialist Training Scheme in General Practice, suc cessfully completed. Current Specialist Registration in General Practice with the Irish Medical Council. GP registration with the General Medical Council. On the Northern Ireland Primary Medical Performers List.
• MRCEM exams, completed, conferring Membership by Examination of the Royal College of Emergency Medicine in November 2021.
• Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Ultraschall in der Medizin, (DEGUM, German Society for Medicinal ¨ Ultrasound), certification in abdominal, retroperitoneal, renal ultrasound, in progress.
• 2008–2012, Graduate Entry Medicine, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
• 2.1 degree, Computer Science, Linguistics and French, Trinity College Dublin, 2002. Skills:
• Medical doctor, experience chiefly in Emergency Medicine and General Practice. Irish Medical Council registration 406484, GMC registration number 7507900.
• Fluent German, three years spent in Berlin, working through German, following two years’ formal study of the language; one month’s work experience at the Salzburger Landeskliniken, the main hospital of Salzburg, Austria.
• Fluent French—one year spent studying at the Universite Catholique de Louvain through French, ´ 19 months spent working in a French-speaking environment in total.
• Conversational Spanish, 2 years of evening classes, 5 years conversation exchanges. Basic Brazil ian Portuguese.
• Conversational Persian, significant exposure and practice in personal life, attended a language course at the Dehxoda Institute, Tehran, Iran, 2012.
Publications and conference presentations:
• November 2016: Poster presented at the Letterkenny Research Symposium, on “Negative D dimers and delayed presentation: was ED discharge appropriate?”
• May 2016: Audit, “Time in Therapeutic range in patients with atrial fibrillation receiving war farin”, Letterkenny University Hospital (contributed).
• April 2012: Poster presented at the Irish Society of Gastroenterology Spring Meeting, on an audit of Dr. Subhasish Sengupta’s Dundalk and Drogheda endoscopy patients (contributed).
References are available on request.